Orbit is our quarterly magazine and is a (free) benefit of membership in the Society.
A printed version is posted to all members. An electronic version of Orbit (pdf) is emailed to members (for their own private use only).
Our magazine features articles on astronomy and related subjects. Articles are contributed by both members and non-members. Reports on Society activities (especially observational work) are also included, together with general astronomical news, articles of historical interest and notes on upcoming astronomical events.
Read a selection of articles from past issues of Orbit:
- A Brief History of the Society (Part 1)
- Eclipse '99 - Cold and Alone
- Great Irish Amateurs and their Observatories
- The 12" Grubb Refractor at Dunsink Observatory
- The Story of a Missing Lens
- The 10" Grubb Refractor at Armagh Observatory
- 2001 and All That
- Account of the Transit of Venus 1882
Editor: John Flannery.
Orbit is produced by voluntary effort.
Home | Publications